Motor Match is the ability of the brain to respond within a given time frame. A weak motor match is often a problem for students who have difficulty with reading fluency.
A weakness in the motor match skill means that all involved parts of the brain do not coordinate to efficiently process information during the process of reading.
When this occurs, the student will read with an extremely choppy or uneven rhythm. The student may also repetitively misread words.
Does Your Child Struggle in School?
(If a student responds appropriately, he will ignore the person tapping a pencil in the next seat or the noises in the hall and focus on the important information being given by the teacher.)
If the sorting of information does not properly occur, the brain is bombarded with an overabundance of stimuli and a student tends to respond inappropriately or may respond with inappropriate behavior.
- Mental focus may vary depending on an individual’s level of interest in the information being given.
- In addition to the amount of competing input the brain is required to filter out.
People with attention deficit disorder or (A.D.D.) have poor Figure Ground.
Just like a personal fitness trainer provides a customized program to suit individual fitness levels:
- Brain Works designs a custom “Personal Cognitive Fitness Program” to meet the individual needs of each client based on diagnostic testing.
- Once you build the brain’s muscle, you have learned how to properly use it
- It will stay in shape for a lifetime.
Who Can Brain Works Help? Students of All Ages!
- Brain Training from Brain Works has the power to improve the quality of life and learning, regardless of a student's current level of learning or reading success.
The Assessment Evaluation
Each new client visit begins with a comprehensive interview and cognitive skills assessment
Create a Custom Program
We develop a personalized and proven proprietary brain training course.
Begin Your Training
Students begin a series of cognitive skill exercises that increase in difficulty and complexity.
Upon graduation, progress reports are reviewed identifying their success.
FREE Assessment for New Students
In 2 hours or less we identify the root issues with realistic solution options.
What's Your Story?
Share your story with us! In return, we'll show how Brain Works can help.
Brain Works now has 8 Utah locations to serve you from Logan to Provo. We are located in: Draper, Holladay, West Jordan, Bountiful, South Ogden, Logan, American Fork, Lehi, and Provo.