Does your child have trouble learning? You know they are bright, but you’re baffled as to why they don’t seem to be learning or why they are getting poor grades.
Can Brain Works Help My Child?
You can find out if Brain Works is right for your child.
Simply ask yourself the following questions:
- To determine the right brain training program for your child, we need information.
- Has learning required more effort than others seem to use?
- Has learning been difficult for 2 years or more?
- Has tutoring or special help been ineffective over the long term?
- Has success been inconsistent?
- Is performance below average or below grade level in some areas?
- Is forgetfulness a problem?
- Are spoken instructions or lectures difficult to follow?
- Are sports or tasks that require coordination difficult?
- Is there a high level of frustration when learning new material?
- When reading, are words or lines skipped?
If you answered YES to three or more of these questions, it is very likely that your child has mild to moderate processing problems.
- We complete an evaluation of the symptoms you are experiencing or observing.
- We conduct a comprehensive case history.
- And finally, we administer a Cognitive Skills Assessment test in your home or in our Draper office.
Got a struggling student?
The Cognitive Skills Assessment is not for the purpose of diagnosing medical or psychological issues, but solely to help us identify weaknesses in brain skills so we can target them with customized brain training exercises to achieve the most dramatic results.
By combining the information we get from these evaluations and assessments, we determine the very best program for your child.
Here are some additional reasons that we test:
- To identify improvements our students make after brain training.
- To give you the data that you need to make informed decisions about the value of brain training for your child.
- The professional testing tools we use include the Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Cognitive Abilities & Tests of Achievement.
- These tests are the gold standard of cognitive skills testing, and are used across the country to measure brain skills’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Call Now to Schedule Your FREE Assessment !
Is Your Child Struggling in School?
If learning problems continue from one school year to the next, cognitive skills testing and Brain Works brain training can make a difference!
- Does your child or student have difficulty listening, following directions or doing homework?
- He or she may fight frustration every day. They may even be called lazy, unmotivated or a "problem student."
- If this has been said about your child or student, the real problem may not be a lack of motivation or proper instruction. Rather, they may lack sufficient cognitive processing skills.
- In other words, your child or student may be able to see or hear information, but cannot identify, interpret, comprehend, remember, or stay on task.
- If your student is struggling, call us.
Who Needs Brain Training?
- Most of us. Lots of students struggle in a particular area.
- Brain Training is designed to make improvements in cognitive funtions across many areas.